Posted by Jim Rothfork on
Anytime you go to add a new light fixture to your home, you've got to consider how it will impact that space around it. In addition to simply deciding on a style, you'll want to think about aspects of the light fixture that will have an overall impact on the space in general.
Specifically, ask yourself these questions...
- Create enough light (or does it overpower the space with too much light)?
- Does the material it's made from accent or contrast with your existing aesthetic?
- Does its size match the scale of the room you'd like to place it in?
Wading through all the options can be confusing, so we've put together a list of our top recommendations from our own store.
1. The Lil' Buddy Table Lamp
Designed for a large desk, the Lil' Buddy will aid some classic sophistication to whatever room it's in. Mid-sized so it won't take up your entire desk, and bright enough to illuminate a writing surface (but not too bright to conflict with the screens of your electronic devices).
2. The Acrylic Modern Pendant
Polished and sleek - best purchased in groups of three or five (always stick with odd numbers), and designed to be placed over a lounge space, or over your dining room table.
3. The Wood Formed Poly Pendant
A signature piece that will certainly draw attention. Unlike the modern pendant listed above, this light fixture can be used on its own OR paired with a few others.